Project Promise Personal Care Kits are shared with people who have lost everything from a natural disaster or life-threatening violence. Give hope through a bar of soap.
Share Your Good Work!
Be sure to upload a picture of your kits to Facebook or Twitter
Include the following items in each Personal Care Kit:
Some important guidelines to remember:
- Be sure to shop for light- or medium-weight towels, which are easier for Kit recipients to hand wash and air dry, take up less storage space and are considerably less expensive than the fluffier towels we may prefer to use.
- Bath towels vary in size. The 52″ X 27″ size listed in the guidelines is the maximum size. 20″ x 40″ is a good guideline for a minimum size. Smaller bath towels are acceptable as long as they are not hand towels.
- Please give new items only, except where otherwise noted.
- Please do not donate items with any religious symbols, messages or your group’s name.
- Please do not donate any items decorated with a U.S. flag, patriotic or military symbols, or references to the armed forces, including camouflage.
- Do not add other items or leave out any of the items listed.
- All items should be new and in good condition.
- Do not enclose the Kit or any of its contents in plastic bags.
How to pack your Project Promise Kits
- Pack completed Kits, like items together, in boxes. Label contents in LARGE, BLOCK LETTERS on the outside of the boxes.
- Use strong cartons secured with packing tape, not to exceed 40 pounds.
- Do not use plastic or paper bags to pack donations.
- Include the name and address of your group or congregation on each box and label the contents
Getting Kits to people in need.
You can either locate a local gathering site, or dropoff or send your prepaid boxes directly to one of these warehouses.
601 Main Street
PO Box 188
New Windsor, MD 21776
398 East Richmond Street
South St. Paul, MN 55075
The warehouses accept items year-round. Call ahead for driving directions and hours of operation if you are personally delivering your donations.
Now you can log onto our Quilt and Kit Tracker and print out your barcode to put on your shipment of Quilts and Kits.
Then, you and your congregation can track your gifts as they reach those in need all around the world.