The novel coronavirus has exposed how connected we are as humanity and just how many of our problems are related.
As part of Corus International's family of organizations responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, Lutheran World Relief leads the livelihoods and emergency response interventions in Corus’ suite of programming. LWR adapted its existing projects so implementation can continue safely in the COVID era, ensuring the pandemic’s economic impacts on families is mitigated and basic needs are met. Through our projects, local partners, and community networks, LWR is
- Leveraging digital platforms to disseminate informative messaging to the public on the virus and safety measures they can take;
- Providing psycho-social support and access to counseling services to victims of gender-based violence;
- Providing personal protective equipment, potable water installations and hygiene kits;
- Distributing emergency food, food vouchers and cash transfers to the most vulnerable;
- Helping small enterprises, entrepreneurs, and family-owned farms maintain their operations and earn income with new COVID-19 safety measures in place.
Hover over the dots on the map below to learn more about the details of Corus’ and LWR’s COVID-19 response programming around the world.