The inequitable burdens of COVID-19 continue to devastate economies and health systems globally. After two decades in decline, extreme poverty is rising. The vulnerable communities that we serve are more challenged now than ever before.
As COVID-19 variants exacerbate the global crisis, Lutheran World Relief leads livelihoods and emergency response interventions in the phased, multi-sectoral COVID-19 response of the Corus International family. Leveraging our technical expertise, Lutheran World Relief adapted existing projects so implementation could continue safely in the COVID-19 era, ensuring the pandemic’s economic impacts on families are mitigated and basic needs are met.
Through our projects, local partners, and community networks, Lutheran World Relief has been:
- Leveraging digital platforms to disseminate informative messaging to the public on the virus and safety measures they can take;
- Providing psycho-social support and access to counseling services to victims of gender-based violence;
- Providing personal protective equipment, potable water installations and hygiene kits;
- Distributing emergency food, food vouchers and cash transfers to the most vulnerable;
- Helping small enterprises, entrepreneurs, and family-owned farms maintain their operations and earn income with new COVID-19 safety measures in place.
Consistent across our programming, Lutheran World Relief’s COVID-19 response is context-driven and locally led.
Hover over the dots on the map below to learn more about COVID-19 response programming of Lutheran World Relief and the Corus family around the world.