You’ve maybe heard the analogy about teaching someone to fish… well you can help teach a person to sew and provide the tools to earn an income and break out of poverty. Project Promise Fabric Kits are used in vocational training programs to teach young men and women useful, marketable skills. Cover them with love!
Share Your Good Work!
Be sure to upload a picture of your kits to Facebook or Twitter
Include the following items in each Fabric Kit:
Some important guidelines to remember.
- Fabric should have no stains or holes.
- Pieces do not need to match in size or color/pattern as long as they kit into one of the three size options.
- Each spool of thread should match one of the pieces of fabric included. Neutral thread is also a good option.
- Fold thread and one piece of fabric inside second fabric piece and tie with yarn, sturdy string, ribbon or a strip of fabric.
- Please give new items only, except where otherwise noted.
- Please do not donate items with any religious symbols, messages or your group’s name.
- Please do not donate any items decorated with a U.S. flag, patriotic or military symbols, or references to the armed forces, including camouflage.
- Do not add other items or leave out any of the items listed.
- Do not enclose the Kit or any of its contents in plastic bags.
How to pack your Project Promise Kits
- Pack completed Kits, like items together, in boxes. Label contents in LARGE, BLOCK LETTERS on the outside of the boxes.
- Use strong cartons secured with packing tape, not to exceed 40 pounds.
- Do not use plastic or paper bags to pack donations.
- Include the name and address of your group or congregation on each box and label the contents
Getting Kits to people in need.
You can either locate a local gathering site, or dropoff or send your prepaid boxes directly to one of these warehouses.
601 Main Street
PO Box 188
New Windsor, MD 21776
398 East Richmond Street
South St. Paul, MN 55075
The warehouses accept items year-round. Call ahead for driving directions and hours of operation if you are personally delivering your donations.
Now you can log onto our Quilt and Kit Tracker and print out your barcode to put on your shipment of Quilts and Kits.
Then, you and your congregation can track your gifts as they reach those in need all around the world.
Reminder: Select two pieces of cotton or cotton-blend fabric (no knits or 100% polyester) to send. Each piece should match JUST ONE of the sizes below: