Since its inception in 2013, more than 2,280 congregations have used the LWR Quilt & Kit Tracker to see where their gifts of love go and who they help.
The LWR Quilt & Kit Tracker is one way we try to make the world between us a little bit smaller, by connecting the tireless efforts of people who make quilts and assemble kits with the people around the world who receive them with joy and gratitude.
In order to use the LWR Quilt & Kit Tracker, you must log into the system by clicking the green START TRACK button below. You'll be redirected to the Tracker portal, where you'll use the following information to log-in:
To find your congregation's Donor ID number:
- Click on Find our Donor ID.
- Enter your zip code and click on View Report.
- Your ID number will pop up on a second tab. Please remember to write your ID number down.
Note: If your congregation does not appear, please contact LWR and we will add you to the system. It's best to plan ahead to make sure everything is in place when you are ready to print your labels.
In order to accurately track shipments you’ll need to print a barcode for each box you wish to follow.
Important: You must include all the information for the box in the barcode. If you write in any information later, the scanners at the warehouse will not be able to read the handwritten information.
To create a barcode label for a complete box:
- Click on Print Barcode Box Labels.
- Enter your ID number at the top and fill out the fields at the top according to what’s in the box. Recording the weight of the box is optional. Note: if you have several boxes that are the same — for example 10 boxes of five Quilts each – you may make high quality copies of the same label for each of those boxes. It is critical that the quality of the copies is good so that the scanners can read them.
- When you’re finished click View Report.
To print the label:
- IMPORTANT: Do not simply use the print feature in your browser to print the screen. Parts of the label will be cut off and will not be scannable.
- Click on the small, square disk icon in the center of the page (just above the bar code report).
- Select PDF from the drop down menu.
- A PDF will open and you can print from there.
Note: If your browser is set to block pop-up windows, the PDF may not open without your approval. Look around the perimeter of the window to see if there are any notes about approving pop-ups.
Again, items must be sorted into boxes by item type and each box must have its own barcode to ensure accurate tracking.
To begin a new barcode for a new set of items, simply repeat the steps in this section.
Once you’ve printed the labels, cut the page in half on the dotted line – each half should look identical. Tape one half on the outside of the box and place the other half inside the box. From there, you can deliver your boxes to your local Ingathering or one of LWR’s warehouses (see Page 14 for instructions).
Another great feature of the Quilt & Kit Tracker is that you can track how much you’ve donated since you began using it. To do so, log onto the Tracker portal and click “Our Total Donations.” Then, do the following:
- Clear the area where it says Donor ID and then place your ID number there.
- For the date range enter the date you first started using the Tracker (you can estimate) and the current day. You can also adjust this range to narrow your results. Be sure to include the year.
- Once you’ve entered your dates click View Report. You can also keep this report to share! Use the instructions from Step Three to print or save your report.
Please note that your gifts will not appear online until they are scanned at the warehouse in Maryland or Minnesota.
To track where your donations travel in the world, log in to the Tracker portal and click Where Our Quilts and Kits Have Gone. Then, do the following:
- Clear the area where it says Donor ID and place your ID there.
- Enter the range of dates you’re interested in seeing. If you want to see just where the last batch of donations went, make the range narrower (the date of your Ingathering and today’s date, for example). If you want to see where your quilts and kits have traveled since you started using the Tracker, then enter an earlier start date. Be sure to include the year.
- Once you’ve entered your dates and click View Report you should see where your quilts and kits have gone! You can also print or save this report so you can share it with everyone in your community!