Resilience is an approach — not a technical solution, nor a prescriptive model. It is integrated across LWR’s programs and contributes to the achievement of development objectives in vulnerable communities.
It is an approach that:
- Complements and strengthens development interventions, as it allows us to deepend our understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by vulnerable communities.
- Looks at the interactions between local, regional and national levels.
- Promotes holistic responses to short-term shocks and long-term stressors.
- Requires reflective thinking, including gender and equity considerations.
- Is based on a process that involves short, medium and long-term actions.
Highlights the linkages between social and ecological factors, crucial for communities to achieve sustainable development.