Bright, colorful, sturdy and warm, Fleece Tied Blankets are a soft, cozy reminder that someone cares. In a hospital room or on the hard ground, these handmade blankets provide protection and a sense of comfort.This project is perfect for the group that’s not quite sure they’re ready to tackle LWR Mission Quilts. Tied Blankets make a simple, straightforward project that is great for all skill levels and ages. We still need your Quilts (they are our most requested item!) but if you’re looking for an easy, inter-generational service activity, consider LWR Fleece Tied Blankets!
Share Your Good Work!
Be sure to upload a picture of your kits to Facebook or Twitter
How to make a Blanket:
Some important guidelines to remember:
- Fleece typically comes in widths of 58″ or 59″. If you buy fleece from a fabric store, you can ask them to cut the length to 80″, saving you the step of measuring and cutting the pieces yourself.
- If you’re planning to make a lot of blankets, consider ordering the fleece in bulk online to save money.
- Please give new items only, except where otherwise noted.
- Please do not donate items with any religious symbols, messages or your group’s name.
- Please do not donate any items decorated with a U.S. flag, patriotic or military symbols, or references to the armed forces, including camouflage.
- Do not add other items or leave out any of the items listed.
- All items should be new and in good condition.
- Do not enclose the Kit or any of its contents in plastic bags.
How to pack your Project Promise Kits
- Pack completed Kits, like items together, in boxes. Label contents in LARGE, BLOCK LETTERS on the outside of the boxes.
- Use strong cartons secured with packing tape, not to exceed 40 pounds.
- Do not use plastic or paper bags to pack donations.
- Include the name and address of your group or congregation on each box and label the contents
Getting Kits to people in need.
You can either locate a local gathering site, or dropoff or send your prepaid boxes directly to one of these warehouses.
601 Main Street
PO Box 188
New Windsor, MD 21776
398 East Richmond Street
South St. Paul, MN 55075
The warehouses accept items year-round. Call ahead for driving directions and hours of operation if you are personally delivering your donations.
Now you can log onto our Quilt and Kit Tracker and print out your barcode to put on your shipment of Quilts and Kits.
Then, you and your congregation can track your gifts as they reach those in need all around the world.