Baltimore’s Light Rail system is a quick means of transportation to Baltimore’s downtown area and points north and south. We recommend it for travel to and from the airport. You can buy an all day pass for less than four dollars that allows you to ride the Light Rail and buses anywhere in the city until midnight.
From the airport, take the Light Rail to the Camden Yards stop. From that stop, The Lutheran Center is a 15-20 minute walk or a 3-5 minute cab ride. Walk east down Conway Street for three blocks turn right onto Light Street, and The Lutheran Center is two blocks up on the right (on the corner of Key Highway and Light Street). For more detailed information, visit the Maryland Mass Transit Administration web site or call 410.539.5000.
Please refrain from parking next door at Christ Lutheran Church. Thank you.
- P1 = Hughes Street Parking Lot — $10 flat fee (Exact Change Required)- This is a nearby lot, located directly across from The Lutheran Center.
- P3 = Royal Sonesta Hotel Parking Garage — High capacity garage located one block from The Lutheran Center on East Lee Street.
- P4 = Rusty Scupper Restaurant — $16 flat fee – approx. ½ mile east from The Lutheran Center on Key Highway; lovely walk along Inner Harbor past Federal Hill.
From the North
- Take I-83 South into downtown Baltimore (the highway ends in the city).
- Continue straight for about two blocks and turn right onto Lombard Street.
- Continue for about 0.5 miles on Lombard Street and turn left onto Light Street.
- The Lutheran Center is about four blocks up on your right (on the corner of Key Highway and Light Street).
From the South or West
- Take I-395 (Exit 53 from I-95) and pass M&T Bank Stadium and Camden Yards stadium on your left.
- Veer right onto Conway Street.
- Follow Conway for about three blocks to Light Street.
- Turn right onto Light Street and
- The Lutheran Center is about two blocks up on your right (on the corner of Key Highway and Light Street).
- Royal Sonesta Hotel ($139-160)
550 Light St (Two Blocks Away)
- Marriott at Camden Yards ($129-200)
110 S Eutaw St. (Two Blocks Away)
- Days Inn Inner Harbor ($99 special LWR rate)
100 Hopkins Place (0.6 Mi. Away)
- Lord Baltimore ($119 special LWR rate)
20 West Baltimore Street (Seven Blocks Away)
- Scarborough Fair Bed and Breakfast ($129-$159)
1 E. Montgomery St. (0.4 Mi. Away)
- BWI Sheraton – 7032 Elm Road – 410 859 3300
- Marriott BWI Hotel – 1743 W. Nursery Road – 410 859 8300
- BWI Airport Comfort Suites – 815 Elkridge Landing Road – 410 691 1000
- Thai Arroy
1019 Light Street
- Kiku Sushi Restaurant
1017 Light Street
- Maria D’s
1022 Light Street
1017 S. Charles Street
- Sam’s Bagels
915 Light St
- Subway Sandwiches & Salads
1040 Light St
- Regi’s American Bistro
1002 Light Street
There are many other restaurants, cafes and such along the Inner Harbor and the surrounding areas. Feel free to explore, as you will find every kind of food imaginable.
- Yellow Cab – 410-685-1212
- Sun Cab – 410-235-0300