Your support helps LWR combat poverty in Nicaragua on many fronts.
- Lutheran World Relief works to improve productivity, quality, and post-harvest processing and storage of crops.
- LWR works to increase farmers' competitiveness in national and international markets.
Lutheran World Relief works with communities to:
- Protect watersheds and water sources from contamination,
- Improve the quality of water for consumption, and
- Address sanitation needs in schools and homes.
Read more at LWR In Depth >>
- LWR works with farmers to promote water conservation and crop diversification.
- We promote the use of coffee processing techniques that use 90 percent less water than traditional methods.
- LWR also promotes use of micro-hydro power generators and biodigesters for electricity and cooking