Thrivent Action Teams® allow you to form a team and get support for a one-time educational event, service project, or fundraiser. You can engage your Thrivent Action Team around LWR’s Quilt and Kit Ministry or a Fair Trade fundraising event that benefits coffee and cocoa farmers.
12 ways to use your time and talents to make a difference:
- Create LWR Mission Quilts that give warmth and comfort to children, the displaced, and elderly across the globe. Bring together Quilters of all ages and experience levels for an intergenerational experience!
- Organize a LWR Fair Trade Christmas Bazaar at church or school to support small-holder farmers.
- Facilitate congregational workshops to educate members about how to most effectively and faithfully respond to international and domestic disasters
- Create a community garden and collect funds to help individuals in developing countries grow their own food through a Foods Resource Bank (FRB) growing project.
- Welcome in the new school year by assembling School Kits and help to provide an education for children overseas.
- Host a prayer breakfast when disasters strike around the world to raise funds for relief efforts.
- Organize a silent auction and use funds to purchase a Crop Storage Facility in Nepal or Niger that addresses food security needs in those communities.
- Host an LWR Fair Trade Chocolate Party or Chili Cook-Off and use funds to purchase a dairy cow that will provide nourishment and increase income for families in Peru.
- Host a “Black Tie Chocolate & Coffee Affair” to raise funds to organize a mission trip to a LWR project site.
- Assemble Personal Care Kits at the next youth group gathering. Share God’s grace and love by providing basic necessities to victims of violence and natural disaster.
- Make simple, handmade fleece tied blankets for our hospitalized and displaced brothers and sisters overseas and show your friends and neighbors the joy of helping others.
- Make Baby Care Kits that will help to give more babies in poor areas a healthy start to life.
Please share your success with us! Be sure to include pictures, a short summary, and your congregation’s name so we can thank you for your service!
Thank you for your support!